- All cats over 6 months of age to be de-sexed
- We do require all cats to have their annual vaccinations. It is preferred that should their annual vaccination be due around the time of boarding that it be done 7-10 days prior to boarding, to ensure they have adequate coverage. For the health and safety of all cats within our establishment, we reserve the right to decline your cat’s admission should the vaccination not be done according to our policies.
- We must sight your cat’s annual vaccination certificate prior to admission to Hobbits Knob Cat Retreat. Sorry, no certificate, no admission.
- The owner is to provide detailed information on special diets and medications with all medications to be appropriately labelled and a Medication chart signed on admission.
- We encourage owners to keep up to date with their cat's quarterly intestinal worming.
- All cats must be treated for flea prevention prior to or on admission. We do not require tick prevention as the building design does not encourage a typical tick habitat. For an extra charge, we can supply Frontline, Advantage or Revolution or you may bring your own. These products are to be used according to manufacturers guidelines.
- Should we find evidence of fleas on your cat, we reserve the right to treat appropriately and charge to your account.
- All cats to be dropped off and picked up in a sturdy cat carry cage.
- We request that the owner sign our Standard Conditions of Boarding form upon arrival.
- We are proud members of the Queensland Pet Boarding & Grooming Association which we comply with their Code of Ethics, and appreciate your acceptance of our conditions of boarding, which ensures the health and safety of all cats boarding in our establishment.
Conditions of Boarding
- Hobbits Knob Cat Retreat reserves the right at their discretion to refuse entry and/or admission of any animal(s).
- The Owner specifically declares sole ownership of the pet and declares that all information in regard to their pet(s) provided by them at or prior to admission is true and accurate.
- All cats to be boarded, if over six months of age, must be desexed.
- All cats are to be fully up to date with their annual vaccinations and Vaccination Certificates must be presented on admission. No Vaccination Certificate, no admission.
- All cats are to be on flea prevention and should your cat present with evidence of fleas, we reserve the right to administer flea treatment and charge your account.
- Boarding rates are charged per "calendar night" according to the Fees Schedule and a "day care" charge is applied for any animal checking out after 9am, subject to variation without notice.
- Long-term boarding requires a prepaid 50% deposit of the invoice total and a payment plan for weekly/fortnightly payments organised with management.
- The owner agrees to pay the rate for boarding effective on the date the pet is admitted into Hobbits Knob Cat Retreat, and also agrees that the pet shall not leave Hobbits Knob Cat Retreat premises until all charges are paid for by the owner.
- Should the pet require veterinary attention whilst in the care of Hobbits Knob Cat Retreat, every effort will be made to contact the owner prior to seeking veterinary advice. However, even if contact is unable to be made, the owner will be liable for all veterinary expenses incurred by their pet. The owner also agrees to pay all costs/charges for boarding, any requested special services and any unforseen veterinary costs incurred by the pet during the time the pet has been in the care of Hobbits Knob Cat Retreat.
- The owner acknowledges that the signing of this contract shall create a lien over the animal in favour of Hobbits Knob Cat Retreat which shall continue to exist whilst ever monies remain owing pursuant to the contract.
- The owner agrees to be solely responsible for any and all behaviour of the pet whilst in the care of Hobbits Knob Cat Retreat and indemnifies Hobbits Knob Cat Retreat against any claim for loss or damages made by any person as a result of the actions or behaviour of their pet.
- So far as this business is able then this business, its employees or agents will under no circumstances be responsible for the injury, death, loss, or damage to any pet whilst in the boarding facility.
Special Conditions for Bookings
Please note our special conditions for Christmas/New Year
We have decided not to take any bookings early again as it is a timely and costly administration nightmare with all of the cancellations and date changes when bookings are made too early. We turn away hundreds of potential bookings every year because we are booked out by July. But again for Christmas 2017/New Year 2018, we had empty suites due to last minute cancellations and date changes, which is not fair to our business, but also not fair to those cats needing accommodation during these busy periods.
We have created a Christmas/New Year Booking Request List, where I will take requested dates and suites up until the 1st September 2018, then I will confirm with the clients before I will actually book them into our system. To secure this booking a non-refundable booking confirmation deposit is required immediately upon confirmation.
Booking dates and suite preferences cannot be guaranteed until confirmation is completed. Management has the right to choose accommodation type according to the requested dates and more specifically the needs of each cat on an individual basis.
Should you have definite dates, you can secure your booking early, by signing this Special Conditions booking confirmation and paying a $100 non-refundable booking confirmation deposit immediately, with the balance due by the 30th September 2018.
Any booking changes after the confirmation incur a $25 administration charge and cannot be guaranteed to be accepted, pending these Christmas/New Year special conditions set by Hobbits Knob Cat Retreat Management, which were signed upon the booking confirmation.
We do require all bookings to comply with the following STRICT special conditions to ensure that we are able to cater efficiently during these busy periods:
- We require a 10 night minimum stay.
- We will be closed to the public for drop off and pick up between the 24th December to the 1st January inclusive (unless as specified above). Rest assured that we have staff here for a majority of the day over these "closed" days to take extra special, individual care of your feline friends.
- Cats whom have satisfied a 10 night minimum may collect on the 27th, 28th and 29th of December ONLY, which will allow a switch over of cats for the New Year period. Unless, Management have decided there is a suitable switch over to satisfy a shorter requested stay.
- We require a $100.00 non-refundable booking confirmation deposit to be made immediately upon booking request with the balance due by the 30th September 2017 by cash or bank transfer.
- Hobbits Knob Cat Retreat reserves the right to cancel bookings should they not comply with our special conditions including the lack of payment of the deposit by the due date.
- There will be limited choice of suites over these busy periods as Hobbits Knob Cat Retreat will select suites according to the cats’ individual needs and circumstances. For example, we cannot accommodate a single cat in an Indulgence A, bigger suite when we have a 3 cat family needing a big room.
- Changes to bookings after confirmation has been made, including date changes, will incur a $25 administration fee.
- Should you request, within 4 weeks of your booking commencement, to drop off at a later date over the busy period or an early pick-up over the busy period, but a booking period originally included the Christmas and/or New Year dates in the 10 night minimum, Hobbits Knob Cat Retreat reserves the right to charge the minimum stay required in addition to the $25 administration fee for changing the booking.